Sniffspot Host Standards
Sniffspot's standards for hosts are simple and tied to what Sniffspot is about. Sniffspot is about neighbors helping neighbors. Our standards are designed around treating your neighbor like you would want to be treated.
- Create a safe space: when thinking about whether you have a safe space, think about whether you would feel comfortable with small children playing in a space. Are there any hazards that might hurt a small child? Is the space fully clean and sanitary?
- Accurately and completely represent yourself and your space: spend a minute thinking through your sniff spot to make sure that your guests don't have any negative surprises when they show up at your sniff spot. If you get a question from a guest about your sniff spot, take a moment to update your listing with the answer.
- Keep your commitments: no one likes it when someone goes back on their word. If you say you are going to do something, do it.
- Be responsive: if someone sends you a message or a reservation, get back to them as quickly as you can. As a guest, there is nothing better than getting a super fast response. All messaging should be done through the Sniffspot messaging tools. Asking people to text or call you directly is confusing to our guests; it's simpler for guests to message through Sniffspot.
- Get good reviews: this goes without saying. In the end, if you have great reviews from your guests, you are doing it right!